Table Rate Shipping is a method that allows you to charge different rates based on the destination, weight, or a number of items in an order. This can be a great way to save money, especially if you have a lot of orders going to different places. This can be a bit complicated to set up, but once you have it down it's easy to use. This can be daunting at first, but once you get the hang of it, it can make your life much easier.
How to Set Up Table Rates?
There are a few different ways to create table rates for your store:
1. Enter the weight of each product in pounds and the shipping price per pound.
2. Enter the cost per package and choose if you want to include a surcharge (see below).
3. Select which products you want this price applied to and enter their weight as well, if applicable.
4. Enter the total charge by multiplying the price by the total weight of all selected items.
5. Add any surcharges for additional services or add-ons that may apply. If you do not wish to add a surcharge on top of the rate, then leave it blank under Surcharge.
6. After filling out all of the fields, click Create Rates to save them. The prices should now appear when creating an order with those items.
7. Be sure to fill out other information about how many packages need to be shipped, where they need to go, etc.
Once you've created your rates, click Save Changes.
Benefits of Setting It Up
- More Control Over Shipping Costs
When you set it up, you have more control over your freight costs. This way, you can make sure that you're not overcharging or undercharging your customers.
- Easy to Change Prices
If you need to change your prices, it's easy to do with rates. You can simply adjust the prices, and the changes will be reflected.
- Offer Different Options
You can offer different options to your customers. For example, you could offer free freight for orders over a certain amount.
- Price Depends on Weight
These are based on weight, so they don't cost as much as dimensional-based methods.
- Good for International Shipments
They are great for international shipments because you can create a separate rate that covers all of the countries to which you ship products.
- Better Tracking Information
Tracking information is better when using these prices because your customer receives one label instead of one label per package shipped. That means there's less confusion about which packages were delivered and which ones weren't!
- Simplifies Inventory Management
Finally, setting up different prices simplifies inventory management by providing accurate estimates of how many labels are needed at any given time.
If you're thinking about using table rate freight for your online store, there are a few things you should know. First, these can be a great way to save money on shipping costs. However, it's important to make sure that your products are properly packaged and that your customers understand the shipping charges before they make a purchase. Table rate shipping can be a great option for many businesses, but it's not right for everyone. Be sure to do your research before making a decision.